|This is a tutorial for using Cute FTP. You can find more information and download Cute FTP Here. For a DOS FTP or WS-FTP LE tutorial Click Here.|
- Install CuteFTP by double clicking the file that you downloaded from their website. Follow the instructions and accept defaults for installation.
- Start the program once it is installed
- You will see a screen like the one below. Select "new" and fill in the form with your username, password, and enter www.gfn.org as the host address.
- Click "connect" to connect to the GFN webserver.
- After logging in, you should see a window with two panes. The left pane is your local machine and the right pane is the GFN server. Navigate the left pane to the directory where your html and image files are at. Click on the file(s) you want to upload to the GFN server and drag them (click on them and hold the left mouse button) to the right window pane. You will probably want to put images in their own folder called "images".
- To download a file, simply perform the same process as the previous step, but drag the files from the right window pane to the left.
- Using your web browser, navigate to your web page and verify the changes.
If you have a question about using FTP, you can e-mail the Webmaster at: firstname.lastname@example.org